YWCA is grateful for in-kind donations of items our families can use while they’re being served by our Domestic Violence program. Unfortunately, due to limited available storage, we cannot accept all donations. Our wish lists represents our current needs. If you are interested in making a monetary donation, click here.
We are unable to accept unscheduled drop-offs of donated items. If you would like to donate from the list below, please contact Allison Adams via email or call (615) 983-5144 to schedule delivery of your donation.
Weaver Domestic Violence Center Wish List
- Bus Passes (one-day or week passes – MTA)
- Gift Cards: We appreciate gift cards to gas stations, Target, Walmart, Amazon, Kroger, Publix, and other stores that carry items we frequently require. Gift cards allow us to purchase items as-needed, thereby easing the storage challenge.
- Size 6, 7, 8 & 9 women’s underwear
- XL, XXL sports bras
- Brushes & combs
- Laundry detergent (pods only) & dryer sheets
- “Why Does He Do That?” by Lundy Bancroft – an important resource used in our DV victim therapy. Available on Amazon.
- Compact umbrellas
- Silk stay-on headscarves for sleeping
- Haircare items for women of color: Cantu (shampoo & conditioner & shea butter), Cream of Nature, Mane ‘N Tail (shampoo & conditioner)
- Want to scroll through a catalog of urgent need items, click, pay online, and have them shipped directly to us? Please visit our Amazon wish list here.
WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT DONATIONS OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS: Canned goods or other non-perishable food items, TVs, used pillows & mattresses, tampons, comforters & quilts, king-size bedding, opened or expired toiletries or make-up, used plush or stuffed toys, or clothing (except for Dress For Success – scroll down to see Dress For Success wish list below)
Re-New Wish List
Re-New at YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee is a volunteer-led program dedicated to furnishing the homes of the women and children who are starting their lives anew after finding safety at the Weaver Domestic Violence Center. If you’re interested in donating new or gently-used home furnishings in excellent condition, please provide a photo of the item(s) and approximate dimensions to Cheryl Hays via email .
Re-New is currently in need of these new or gently-used furnishings in excellent condition:
- Twin & full-size bedding
- Small scale occasional tables & night stands
- Small scale coffee tables
- Small scale sofas & chairs
- Bathroom linens & accessories
Dress for Success Wish List
Dress for Success accepts donations of new & gently-used, women’s career wear – suits and separates – by appointment only. We also accept new make-up brushes, and wardrobe accessories – anything that helps complete an outfit: shoes, purses, costume jewelry, scarves, etc.
Clothing should be in current styles – something a modern woman would wear to work. Gently-used clothing should be unaltered, freshly cleaned and in excellent shape. All clothing must be brought in on hangers – we’re unable to accept bags or boxes of clothing. We appreciate clothing and shoes in all sizes but have a great need for clothing in sizes 16 & up, and shoes in sizes 9 & up.
DONATIONS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY: We accept clothing donations drop-offs, by appointment, on the first & third Tuesday afternoons of the month. We’re currently accepting fall & winter women’s career wear (no spring & summer clothing) and wardrobe accessories. Clothing donation drop-offs will not be accepted without an appointment. Please call 615-269-9922 to schedule your donation appointment.
If you would like to volunteer with our program please contact Allison Adams via email or call 615-983-5144.
To learn how your business or group can support Dress For Success with in-kind donations, please contact Allison Adams via email or call 615-983-5144.
Girls Inc. Wish List
- New or gently-used laptops in good working order.
- Visit our Amazon Wish List HERE!
Family Learning Center Wish List
- Spiral notebooks
- Notebook paper (wide ruled)
- Pens (black/blue)
- Colored pocket folders with/without prongs
Questions about any in-kind donations? Contact Allison Adams via email or call (615) 983-5144 for more information.