The YWCA is grateful for in-kind donations of items our families can use while they’re being served by our Domestic Violence program. Unfortunately, due to limited available storage, we cannot accept all donations. Our wish lists represents our current needs. If you are interested in making a monetary donation, click here.
We are unable to accept unscheduled drop-offs of donated items. If you would like to donate from the list below, please contact Allison Adams (615) 983-5144 or Allison.Adams@ywcanashville.com to schedule delivery of your donation.
Weaver Domestic Violence Center Wish List
- Bus Passes (one-day MTA bus passes)
- Gas Gift Cards
- Gift Cards: We appreciate gift cards to Target, Walmart, Amazon, Kroger, Publix, and other stores that carry items we frequently require. Gift cards allow us to purchase items as-needed, thereby easing the storage challenge.
- URGENT NEED: Twin, full, or queen size blankets* (Please – no throws, bedspreads, or comforters.)
- Women’s socks*
- Toothbrushes & toothpaste
- Canned soup
- Coffee / Creamer / Sugar / Sweetener
- Shaving Cream
- Sanitary pads – all sizes (no tampons, please)
- Bath towels*
- Full-size & travel size, unopened toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, lotions, shower gel)
- Haircare items for women of color: Cantu (shampoo & conditioner & shea butter), Cream of Nature (shampoo & conditioner), Mane ‘N Tail (shampoo & conditioner)
- Snack bars
- Fruit juice (cans, bottles, or boxes)
- Flashlights & Batteries
*can be new or gently used, clean & in good condition
Want to scroll through a catalog of urgent need items, click, pay online, and have them shipped directly to us? Please visit our Amazon wish list here.
We are unable to accept donations of these items: TVs, used pillows & mattresses, tampons, used plush or stuffed toys, clothing (except for Dress For Success – see below)
YWCA Housing / Re-New Wish List
Re-New at YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee is a volunteer-led program dedicated to furnishing the homes of the women and children who are starting their lives anew after finding safety at the Weaver Domestic Violence Center.
Thanks to the generosity of our community, our Re-New warehouse is currently full! Please check back in the months ahead – we’ll be sure to post our donation needs here.
Dress for Success Wish List
Dress for Success is currently accepting donations of spring & summer, new & gently-used women’s career wear – suits and separates. We also accept accessories – anything that helps complete an outfit: shoes, purses, costume jewelry, scarves, etc.
Clothing should be in current styles – something a modern woman would wear to work. Gently-used clothing should be freshly cleaned and in excellent shape. All clothing must be brought in on hangers – we’re unable to accept bags or boxes of clothing. We appreciate clothing and shoes in all sizes but have a great need for clothing in sizes 16 & up, and shoes in sizes 9 & up.
IMPORTANT: We operate our clothing donation drop-off program on the first & third Tuesdays of each month. Currently, our next available appointment is in MAY 2019. Clothing donation drop-offs will not be accepted without an appointment. Please call 615-269-9922 to schedule an appointment.
If you would like to volunteer with our program please email Allison Adams email@example.com or call 615-983-5144.
To learn how your business or group can support Dress For Success with in-kind donations, please contact Allison Adams via email or call 615-983-5144.
- New or gently-used laptops in good working order.
- Visit our Amazon Wish List HERE!
Family Literacy Center Wish List
- Books aimed at every reading level: children thru adult
- Spiral notebooks
- Notebook paper (wide ruled)
- Pens (black/blue)
- Colored pocket folders with/without prongs
- Glue sticks (for pre-school)
- Construction paper (for pre-school)
- Markers (for pre-school)
- Crayons (for pre-school)
Questions about any in-kind donations? Contact Allison Adams (615) 983-5144 / firstname.lastname@example.org