We welcome and rely upon your in-kind donation support!
Thank you for helping us by donating the items we need. Our administrative office on Woodmont is open on a limited basis. Please contact Allison Adams via email to arrange to drop-off your donation.
YWCA’s Weaver Domestic Violence Center & Transitional Supportive Services
We welcome these donations:
- Gift Cards (Walmart, Kroger, Walgreens, Target, Dollar General, Amazon, and gas station) Gift cards in $25-$50 increments are very valuable to our organization. They provide an opportunity for our clients to shop for themselves – an empowering exercise! They also allow us to purchase items as needed, thereby alleviating our storage challenges.
- Uber Gift Cards
- Oscillating fans
- Gently used coffee mugs
- New or gently-used twin or full-size sheet sets
- New or gently-used bath towels
- Rain ponchos
- Art supplies (canvases, paint, paper, brushes, beads, etc.) for art therapy
- Slippers (link on our Amazon Wish List)
- Medium-sized duffle bags or rolling suitcases in excellent condition
- New women’s underwear – size XS, S & M
- New women’s leggings – all sizes (link on Amazon Wish List)
- Satin sleep scarves/bonnets
- Haircare products for textured hair
- Gender neutral deodorant (like Arm & Hammer Essentials, Native, Simple Truth, etc.)
- XL, heavy-duty, clear, moving storage bags with zippers (link on our Amazon Wish List)
- New or gently-used scrubs (in pristine condition) in all sizes
- New or gently-used women’s athletic shoes
We are currently unable to accept:
- Miscellaneous clothing (except for Dress for Success)
- Used baby gear
- Make-up or toiletries
- “Care kits” or toiletry kits
- Feminine hygiene items
- DVDs or cassette tapes or players
- Used plush or stuffed toys
- Pantry items
Please contact Allison Adams via email to make arrangements to drop-off your donation.
During the month of September, we’re collecting canned meals for Weaver Domestic Violence Center. We’re only collecting the items mentioned below. Feel free to place those in the marked bin located below our mailbox at the front door of our office – 1608 Woodmont Blvd. Thank you for your support!
If you’re interested in organizing a group donation drive for other items we need, please contact Allison Adams via email for more information before you begin.
AMAZON Smile Wish List for Domestic Violence Services & Transitional Support Services programs:
Shop safely at home online and know your purchases will be delivered directly to our door. Add YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee as your preferred Amazon Smile charity and we will be additionally rewarded by your purchases.
Click HERE to see our Amazon Smile Wish List.
Abbie’s Safe Home – Our pet shelter at Weaver Domestic Violence Center
Donations of gift cards in $25-$50 increments to Walmart, Target, or Amazon provide an efficient and effective way to help our Girls Inc. and AMEND Together programs deliver their important programming and to holistically meet the needs of our youths’ families. Gift card donations can be made by mail to Girls Inc./AMEND at YWCA, 1608 Woodmont Blvd., Nashville, TN 37215, or contact Allison Adams to arrange to drop-off your gift cards in person at the YWCA administrative office.
Dress for Success Nashville
We are in urgent need of donations of gift cards ($25-$50 to Walmart, Target, TJMaxx, Marshalls, Kohls, Uber) so our clients can purchase whatever we’re unable to provide to complete their wardrobe and help with transportation. Gift card donations can be made by mail to DFS Nashville at YWCA, 1608 Woodmont Blvd., Nashville, TN 37215, or contact Allison Adams to arrange to drop-off your gift cards in person at the YWCA administrative office.
Visit our Dress for Success Amazon wish list to see items we need to provide to the women we serve. You can shop, click, and your donation will be delivered directly to Dress for Success Nashville!
We also welcome donations of new & gently-used (freshly laundered), women’s career wear, on hangers, by appointment only. If you’re interested in donating clothing, please go here to see detailed guidelines & information and to schedule your clothing donation drop-off appointment.
If you’d like to organize a donation drive to benefit Dress for Success, please contact Allison Adams via email for guidelines before you make plans.
Family Learning Center & Career Services
- Gift Cards in $25-$50 increments to Walmart, Target, Uber, Staples, or Dollar General. Gift card donations can be made by mail to FLC at YWCA, 1608 Woodmont Blvd., Nashville, TN 37215, or contact Allison Adams to arrange to drop-off your gift cards in person at the YWCA administrative office.
- New or refurbished laptops or tablets (wiped clean) in excellent condition
- New headphones or earbuds with microphones (for laptop or tablet use)
- Bus passes (especially 7-day or 31-day passes)
Re-New at YWCA
This volunteer-led program is dedicated to furnishing the homes of the women and children who are starting their lives anew after finding safety at the Weaver Domestic Violence Center. If you’re interested in donating home furnishing items listed below, please send a photo of the item(s) and approximate dimensions to Cheryl Hays via email . All items need to be in excellent condition.
- Gift cards in $50-$250 increments to Kroger, Publix, Walmart. This donation helps us add pantry staples to the homes we’re making ready for our women and children. Gift card donations can be made by mail to Re-New at YWCA, 1608 Woodmont Blvd., Nashville, TN 37215, or contact Allison Adams to arrange to drop-off your gift cards in person at the YWCA administrative office.
- Twin & full-size bedding (we cannot accept mattresses)
- Small scale occasional tables & night stands
- Small scale coffee tables
- Small scale sofas & chairs
- Bathroom linens & accessories
- Toys – new or gently-used in pristine condition, with no violent themes.
Questions about in-kind donations? Contact Allison Adams via email or call (615) 983-5144 for more information.