The YWCA is grateful for in-kind donations of items our families can use while they’re being served by our Domestic Violence program. Unfortunately, due to limited available storage, we cannot accept all donations. Our wish lists represents our current needs. If you are interested in making a monetary donation, click here.
We are unable to accept unscheduled drop-offs of donated items. If you would like to donate from the list below, please contact Allison Adams (615) 983-5144 or Allison.Adams@ywcanashville.com to schedule delivery of your donation.
Weaver Domestic Violence Center Wish List
- Bus Passes (one-day MTA bus passes)
- Gas Gift Cards
- Gift Cards: We appreciate gift cards to Target, Walmart, Amazon, Kroger, Publix, and other stores that carry items we frequently require. Gift cards allow us to purchase items as-needed, thereby easing the storage challenge.
- Oven Mitts & Potholders*
- Canned soup
- Coffee / Creamer / Sugar / Sweetener
- Shaving Cream
- Baby Bibs*
- Baby Pacifiers
- Haircare items for women of color: Cantu (shampoo & conditioner & shea butter), Cream of Nature (shampoo & conditioner), Mane ‘N Tail (shampoo & conditioner)
- Bowls* (cereal or soup size)
- Forks & spoons*
- Umbrellas & rain ponchos*
*can be new or gently used, clean & in good condition
Want to scroll through a catalog of urgent need items, click, pay online, and have them shipped directly to us? Please visit our Amazon wish list here.
We are unable to accept donations of these items: Sample/travel-size toiletries, TVs, used pillows & mattresses, used plush or stuffed toys
Art Therapy Supplies
To make ‘Calming Jars’ for the children at Weaver Domestic Violence Center we need these supplies:
- Clean clear plastic jars or plastic bottles (no larger than 1 liter) WITH LIDS
- Glitter (fine and “chunky”)
- Glitter glue
- Elmer’s Washable Clear Glue
- Food coloring
YWCA Housing / Re-New Wish List
Re-New at YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee is a volunteer-led program dedicated to furnishing the homes of the women and children who are starting their lives anew after finding safety at the Weaver Domestic Violence Center. If you would like to donate any of the items on the list below to our Re-New program, please email photographs of your items directly to Cheryl Hays via email firstname.lastname@example.org . Currently, we are in need of new or gently used:
- Vacuum Cleaners
- All Decorative Items: lamps, framed art, toys, working DVD players
- Bedroom Furniture
- Living Room Furniture
- Dining Furniture
- Small-scale Patio Furniture
- Sample size/travel toiletries
Dress for Success Wish List
Dress for Success is currently accepting donations of Fall/Winter career wear: Women’s suits, dresses, skirts, pants, blazers, tops, blouses, shoes, handbags, belts, jewelry, scarves, etc. We appreciate clothing in all sizes but have a great need for clothing sizes 16 and up AND shoes/boots sizes 9 and up.
Clothing must be in current styles (not older than 5 years), and in new or in gently-used condition. Donations should be freshly laundered or dry cleaned. We are unable to accept clothing with stains or in need of repair.
Please bring clothing on hangers. We are unable to accept clothing in bags or boxes.
IMPORTANT: We operate our clothing donation drop-off program on the first & third Tuesdays of each month. Clothing donation drop-offs will not be accepted without an appointment. Please call 615-269-9922 to schedule an appointment.
If you would like to volunteer with our program please email Allison Adams email@example.com or call 615-983-5144.
To learn how your business or group can support Dress For Success with in-kind donations, please contact Allison Adams via email or call 615-983-5144.
- Visit our Amazon Wish List HERE!
Family Literacy Center Wish List
- Books aimed at every reading level: children thru adult
- Spiral notebooks
- Notebook paper (wide ruled)
- Pens (black/blue)
- Colored pocket folders with/without prongs
- Glue sticks (for pre-school)
- Construction paper (for pre-school)
- Markers (for pre-school)
- Crayons (for pre-school)
Questions about in-kind donations? Contact Allison Adams (615) 983-5144 / firstname.lastname@example.org