We welcome and rely upon your in-kind donation support!
Thank you for helping us by donating the items we need. Our administrative office on Woodmont is currently closed due to the pandemic. Contact Allison Adams via email to make arrangements to drop-off your donation.
YWCA’s Weaver Domestic Violence Center & Transitional Supportive Services
We are unable to accept these items: clothing (except for Dress for Success), baby gear (breast pumps, car seats, highchairs, cribs, strollers, bassinets, etc.), make-up, sanitary pads or tampons, electronics, appliances, TVs, mattresses, used pillows, comforters, bedspreads, books, luggage, DVDs or cassette tapes, or canned food items.
We are currently accepting the items below. Items in bold print are urgently needed:
- Gift cards (Kroger, Publix, Walgreens, Walmart, Target)
- Gas cards & bus passes (7-day & 31-day)
- Travel-size & full-size shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, body wash (new & unopened)
- Pocket rain ponchos & small umbrellas
- Haircare products for textured hair (new & unopened)
- Journals (or spiral notebooks to use for journaling)
- Paper plates (no styrofoam, please) & plastic flatware
- Re-usable plastic drinking cups & water bottles
- Baby lotion, baby wash, baby shampoo (new & unopened)
- Baby monitors
- New or gently-used bath towels, hand towels & wash cloths
- New or gently-used, twin or full-size sheets & blankets (no used pillows, bedspreads, or comforters, please)
- Laundry detergent (pods only, please)
- New, washable, cloth face masks (adult & children’s sizes) or disposable face masks
- New or gently-used women’s socks & tennis shoes (sizes 7-11)
- New women’s underwear, sizes 6-9 (M-2XL)
- New or gently-used soup or cereal bowls
- New or gently-used spoons & forks
- New twin inflatable mattresses (please include pump)
If you’re interested in organizing a group donation drive for the items we need, please contact Allison Adams via email for more information.
Shop safely at home online and know your purchases will be delivered directly to our door. Add YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee as your preferred Amazon Smile charity and we will be additionally rewarded by your purchases.
Click HERE to see our Amazon Smile Wish List.
Abbie’s Safe Home – Our pet shelter at Weaver Domestic Violence Center
We are outfitting our new pet shelter – Abbie’s Safe Home – and welcome donations of these items:
- New or gently-used (freshly laundered) towels
- Unopened dry pet food (dog/cat) with a minimum 6-month shelf life
- Visit our Abbie’s Safe Home Amazon Wish List or our Chewy Wish List for more items you can purchase and have shipped directly to our office!
Dress for Success Nashville
We are in urgent need of donations of gift cards ($25-$50 to Target, TJMaxx, Marshalls, Soma) so our clients can purchase whatever we’re unable to provide to complete their wardrobe. Donations of gift cards for Lyft or Uber rides are also extremely helpful. And, we welcome donations of new & gently-used (freshly laundered), women’s career wear on hangers by appointment only. Please go here to see detailed guidelines & to schedule your donation drop-off appointment.
Family Learning Center & Career Services
- New or refurbished laptops or tablets (wiped clean) in excellent condition
- New headphones or earbuds with microphones (for laptop or tablet use)
- Lyft or Uber gift cards
Please contact Allison Adams via email to make arrangements to drop-off your donation.
Re-New at YWCA
This volunteer-led program is dedicated to furnishing the homes of the women and children who are starting their lives anew after finding safety at the Weaver Domestic Violence Center. If you’re interested in donating home furnishing items listed below, please send a photo of the item(s) and approximate dimensions to Cheryl Hays via email . All items need to be in excellent condition.
- Twin & full-size bedding
- Small scale occasional tables & night stands
- Small scale coffee tables
- Small scale sofas & chairs
- Bathroom linens & accessories
Questions about in-kind donations? Contact Allison Adams via email or call (615) 983-5144 for more information.