We welcome and rely upon your in-kind donation support!
Thank you for helping us by donating the items we need. Our administrative office on Woodmont is open on a limited basis. Please contact Allison Adams via email to arrange to drop-off your donation.
YWCA’s Weaver Domestic Violence Center & Transitional Supportive Services
We welcome these donations:
- Gift Cards (Walmart, Kroger, Walgreens, Target, Dollar General, Amazon) Gift cards are very valuable to our organization. They provide an opportunity for our clients to shop for themselves – an empowering exercise! They also allow us to purchase items as needed, thereby alleviating our storage challenges.
- Uber Gift Cards
- New bed pillows
- New women’s underwear – size S & M
- Satin sleep scarves/bonnets
- Gender neutral deodorant (like Arm & Hammer Essentials, Native, Simple Truth, etc.)
- XL, heavy-duty, clear, moving storage bags with zippers (link on our Amazon Wish List)
We are unable to accept:
- Clothing (except for Dress for Success)
- Used baby gear
- Make-up or toiletries
- “Care kits” or toiletry kits
- Feminine hygiene items
- DVDs or cassette tapes or players
- Plush or stuffed toys
- Linens (sheets, blankets, towels)
- Pantry items
If you’re interested in organizing a group donation drive for the items we need, please contact Allison Adams via email for more information before you begin.
AMAZON Smile Wish List
Shop safely at home online and know your purchases will be delivered directly to our door. Add YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee as your preferred Amazon Smile charity and we will be additionally rewarded by your purchases.
Click HERE to see our Amazon Smile Wish List.
Abbie’s Safe Home – Our pet shelter at Weaver Domestic Violence Center
We are outfitting our new pet shelter – Abbie’s Safe Home – and welcome donations of these items:
- New or gently-used (freshly laundered) towels
- Unopened dry pet food (dog/cat) with a minimum 6-month shelf life
- Visit our Abbie’s Safe Home Amazon Wish List or our Chewy Wish List for more items you can purchase and have shipped directly to our office!
Dress for Success Nashville
We are in urgent need of donations of gift cards ($25-$50 to Walmart, Target, TJMaxx, Marshalls, Kohls, Uber) so our clients can purchase whatever we’re unable to provide to complete their wardrobe and help with transportation. We also welcome donations of new & gently-used (freshly laundered), women’s career wear, on hangers, by appointment only. Please go here to see detailed guidelines & to schedule your clothing donation drop-off appointment. If you’d like to organize a donation drive to benefit Dress for Success, please contact Allison Adams via email for guidelines before you make plans.
Family Learning Center & Career Services
- New or refurbished laptops or tablets (wiped clean) in excellent condition
- New headphones or earbuds with microphones (for laptop or tablet use)
- Bus passes (especially 7-day or 31-day passes), Lyft or Uber gift cards
Please contact Allison Adams via email to make arrangements to drop-off your donation.
Re-New at YWCA
This volunteer-led program is dedicated to furnishing the homes of the women and children who are starting their lives anew after finding safety at the Weaver Domestic Violence Center. If you’re interested in donating home furnishing items listed below, please send a photo of the item(s) and approximate dimensions to Cheryl Hays via email . All items need to be in excellent condition.
- Twin & full-size bedding (we cannot accept mattresses)
- Small scale occasional tables & night stands
- Small scale coffee tables
- Small scale sofas & chairs
- Bathroom linens & accessories
Questions about in-kind donations? Contact Allison Adams via email or call (615) 983-5144 for more information.